1) America spends more than any other developed nation for student education: more than $11,000 per elementary student in 2010, and more than $12,000 for a high schooler.
2) In 1970, 26% of the workforce had a college diploma; in 2012, 61% of the middle class had one.
3) The unemployment for those with only a high school diploma was 24%. For college grads it’s 4.5%.
4) According to an AP Report to the Nation, more than 900,000 students took at least one AP course in 2011, with about 540,000 passing with a 3 or higher.
5) Across America, 28% of all 4-year-olds were enrolled in a public preschool in 2010-11.