1) While women hold 48% of all U.S. jobs, they hold just 24% of STEM-related ones.
2) Tech jobs represented 5.4% of the private sector workforce with an average salary of $93,800 vs. the average private wage earner’s $47,400.
3) Now only 4% to 5% of children start kindergarten a year late–a practice known as ‘redshirting.’
4) Some 33% of moms are connected with their teens on Facebook, with 65% of 13-year-olds initiating the relationship vs. 40% of 20-somethings.
5) About 65% of 2nd grade teachers continue to teach cursive, as do some 70% of 3rd grade teachers.