1) The Pioneer Institute finds that transitioning to the Common Core Standards will cost districts approximately $16 billion over 7 years.
2) More than 80% of 1,000 principals from 14 states say they’re “prioritizing the Common Core Standards.”
3) 72% of our public schools lack the broadband connection needed to sustain digital learning.
4) 19 states have taken steps to ensure high school grads are ready for college or the workforce–as if that weren’t always the goal of schools.
5) 7 states have a mandatory diploma that requires students to complete a certain course of study without any opt-out provision.