1) America invests some $600 billion every year in education.
2) American taxpayers will soon spend $1 billion a year to help families pay private school tuition, but there is little evidence that the program yields academic gains.
3) A SmartBrief on EdTech poll found that 64% say technology is an important tool in literacy instruction; 46% said it’s somewhat beneficial, and 8.82% said it’s not important.
4) A National Center for Education Statistics report that full-time California teachers had 23.4 students in class in 201ll-12, vs the national average of 16. Vermont enjoyed the lowest with 10.7 students per teacher.
5) Almost 6 million (15%) of 16- to 25-year-olds are neither working nor at school.