1. The New Teacher Project report also found that only 10% of the top 1/3 of college grads believe teaching offers a competitive salary.
2. Last year, more than 73,000 international students enrolled in U.S. high schools.
3. According to the Center for Health Statistics, just 27% of 12- to 15-year-olds meet the recommended limit of 2 hours or less of TV and computer time per day. 7% watch 5 or more hours of TV a day, and 5% use a computer 5 or more hours per day.
4. As of now, white students are no longer the majority in our K-12 public schools. Latino students alone will make up 28% of our student population, finds the National Center for Education Statistics.
5. 56% of 7- to 11-year-olds use social media sites, getting around age restrictions.
6. A recent study finds that 18% of high school seniors smoked hookahs in the last year.