1. The new SAT that’s coming out in spring, 2016, will require students to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of school-related subjects, but speed will still be emphasized over subject knowledge, and the essay will be optional even though writing is considered the most important skill for college success.
2. The ACT will be offered online next year in 18 states and will affect some one million students.
3. 56 surveyed 56 Teachers of the Year said that family stress, followed by poverty and learning/psychological problems are the greatest barriers to academic success.
4. Some teens are staying in high school for a 13th year to earn their associate degrees or college credits at little or no cost.
5. Turns out that kids work better when standing at their desks instead of sitting at them.
6. Spanish spelling bees are cropping up in a growing number of our schools.