1) 27 out of the 40 states that fund pre-school reported declines in spending of about $550 million; that came in at $5.1 billion in 2011-12.
2) Obama’s proposed budget includes $75 million in matching grant funding to states for universal pre-school in the next 10 years.
3) Obama has proposed $1 billion to expand the number of career academies in schools; currently, about 4,800 schools have at least one.
4) In a Project Tomorrow survey, 57% of high schoolers say online learning would put them in control of their learning, up from 40% in 2009. Plus, 56% said it would let them work at their own pace.
5) 69% of teachers say education technology allows them to do much more than before for students, with 43% saying they mostly use it for video, images, and articles on the Web.
6) Only 40% of teachers say their students are good at assessing the quality and accuracy of online research.
7) 70% of the most popular education apps at the iTunes store are for preschool or elementary-age children.