2. A recent Gallup poll found that teachers are the least likely of any professionals to respond positively when asked if they feel their opinions count at work and whether their supervisor creates “an open and trusting environment.”
2. For the first time ever, Latinos, African-American, and Asian students will outnumber non-Hispanic whites in our schools.
3. Several black families sued the Lower Merion, PA school district for acting with racial bias when it disproportionately assigned black students to special ed classes but lost in court as no such evidence was found.
4. The Defense Department has provided law enforcement agencies affiliated with at least 120 schools and colleges with such gear as grenade launchers, rifles, and even mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicles.
5. A controversial bill in the Pennsylvania legislature would allow teachers and other school employees to carry guns to work.